Opportunity for an Outstanding Technical Support Engineer
Virtue Technologies wish to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Support Engineer to work in their fast paced and growing business.
Virtue Technologies work in partnership with our customers, aiming towards a common goal of improving teaching and learning, ultimately supporting a school towards its ICT vision. We do this by providing a customised and local service that is both flexible and innovative. An ISO9001 accredited company and Department for Education ICT Framework Supplier, Virtue Technologies is a leading provider of IT solutions to local authorities, schools, regional broadband consortia, academy trusts, colleges and businesses.
This role will be predominantly office based at our HQ in Skelmersdale as a 2nd / 3rd line support engineer. The successful candidate will work with our customers on technical problems in our core technologies, such as Windows server and virtualisation.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a first class communicator, innovative and collaborative.
- Be customer focused and have the ability to build long term and productive relationships with customers, colleagues and 3rd Party Suppliers.
- Be looking to make a valuable contribution to Virtue Technologies and its customers.
- Be based at the Virtue Technologies Head Office.
- Be able to demonstrate strong technical skills, with at least 3 years Level 2 support experience of
- Windows server environments, including Active Directory and Group Policy
- Office 365 and PowerShell
- Wireless Technologies
- Endpoint Security (such as Sophos)
- Networking and Switching
- Have additional skills in Virtualisation, VMWare, Veeam, Remote Desktop and firewall management, which are desirable but not essential.
- Hold at least one manufacturer certification, for example, Microsoft MCSE or VMWare’s VSP.
- Other skills, such as networking, gateway security, enterprise wireless and internet are an advantage.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work with a highly engaging and forward thinking team
- Exposure to new technologies such as, wireless solutions, virtualisation, cloud platforms, mobile solutions, internet delivery and gateway security.
- An opportunity to build and further develop good practice.
- The opportunity to specialise in server virtualisation
- High quality development opportunities, where Virtue Technologies invest in you and your skills.
- A starting salary of £25k to £30k, depending on skills and experience.
- A benefits package which includes company pension and private medical cover.
This is a great opportunity to develop within a growing business to develop new skills and specialise into your chosen technology.
Virtue Technologies and its customers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.All recruitment is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Applicants will be required to demonstrate a high level of technical and communications skills during the interview process.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have been very impressed with Virtue right from our very first meeting. They demonstrated an understanding of our requirements and budget from the outset.
Download the Virtue Technologies brochure
We deliver innovative solutions to meet your evolving needs.